Experienced Senior Nursery Nurse Wanted!
Location: Swindon, Gloucestershire, England
Salary: GBP18200 - 18700 per Annum
Job Ref: ZAPRO04112019
Posted: 04/11/2019Apply Now
Pro-Education are currently looking for an experienced Senior Nursery Nurse to work with one of our client nurseries in the Swindon area from January 2020!
With over 28 years’ experience in specialised recruitment, Pro-Education can offer you a friendly and professional experience, as well as work which matches all of your skills, wants and needs in the world of education.
This role is for anyone who has experience in working in a nursery setting, who has an Enhanced DBS which is on the online update service, who is willing to provide two professional references and is looking for a full time, permanent position.
The ideal candidate will be working in a friendly, lively workplace, with approximately 40 children between the ages of three-months and five years old. During the main Swindon school holidays the nursery also operates as a holiday club on the premises for children aged from primary school age to eleven years.
This role is room based with dedicated time out of ratio to fulfil the expectations of the role.
The Senior Nursery Nurse has a particular role in reinforcing good practice in childcare across the whole of the nursery and holiday club by supporting the learning and development needs of colleagues at all levels. For example this may include but is not restricted to:
- Acting as a role model for colleagues in their interactions with children and parents;
- Spreading good practice throughout all rooms by identifying examples of high quality practice and either demonstrating this themselves, or covering in rooms so that another colleague better able to act as a role model can be released to support the colleague needing to learn or develop their skills;
- Researching changes in legislation and the current best practice in early year’s childcare.
- Communicating your findings and agreeing room improvement action plans.
- Monitoring the intent and implementation of planning, the impact on children’s development and the use of the environments indoors and outside to support each child’s learning.
- Because of the nature of the role, the Senior Nursery Nurse will have access to some confidential information within the setting relating to both colleagues, clients and children and is expected to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality at all times.
- To be able to make recommendations to the Nursery Manager about issues which affect the nursery and require action, understanding and communicating the level of urgency of the issue.
If this is the role for you, then please send us your CV or if you would like to discuss this role with one of our friendly consultants please contact us on 01793 294540.Apply Now